Military college grants are something that most people know about but a lot don’t know that there are military college grants for spouses of military personnel. There are a few grant opportunities that are available for military husbands and wives. Grant programs help to pay the educational costs and each of the military branches sponsors a program of its own, with some benefits that will range from as low as $300 up to $2,500 annually. Below you are going to find some of the information about military college grants for spouses of military personnel and the specifics about each one that you should know.
- The MyCAA is sponsored by the Department of Defense. This grant pay the military spouses as much as $3,000 for the costs associated with either career training or education. The grants are something that i available for as long as two years.
- The DEA’s a grant that’s paid by the group for Veterans Affairs, and it offers benefits for dependents of veterans or their spouses. For spouses, this grant helps to pay for classes that are taken through the mail for as long as 45 months.
- SEAP is a grant that is created for spouses of active duty Amy personnel and it is good for up to $2,500 each academic year.
- STAP, which stands for Spouse Tuition Assistance Program, is available for the spouses of officers and airmen that are in the United States Air Force who are active duty and it gives assistance for as much as $1,500 for each academic year.
- Navy Maine Corps Relief Society offers grants to the spouses of Navy personell that are on active duty. The grants are available for as much as $1,500 each academic year in undergraduate studies, $1,750 annually for the graduate studies.
It’s good to know that there are not only military college grants for those who are in the military but for their spouses as well. A lot of people forget the true sacrifice that those who are married to military personnel make, and they are often forgot about when the great deeds of the military are spoken of. But the husbands and wives of those in the military are just as much heroes as their spouses, and they are to be commended for their sacrifices. These military college grants help them to get the college education that they need to take care of themselves and their family. College grants for military spouses can really help everyone involved