When people want to know about pell grant qualifications, there are some things that they should know about. These are going to help them to figure out if they have the pell grant qualifications for their college education help. There are two kinds of qualifications – specific qualifications to the Pell Grant and qualifications for general student aid. The first qualifications are just for the Pell grant, while the others are for all of the different federal aid. It’s a good idea to know about the following information and you will find that it’s going to help you with getting the money that you need.
Specific to Pell Grants
- The first of the pell grant qualifications is that you have to be enrolled in undergraduate program and therefore you have to be pursuing your first degree, whether it’s associate or bachelor. You may also qualify if you are in a postbaccalaureate program that is going to lead to a professional license or a teacher’s certificate.
- The second of the pell grant qualifications is that you can’t be incarcerated in a state or federal penal institution.
General Federal Aid for Students
- You have to be a citizen of the United States or you have to be an eligible noncitizen
- You must have a social security number that is valid
- You must have a GED, a diploma from high school, valid credentials from home schooling, or another kind of proof that you’re going to benefit from some postsecondary education.
- You have to be working toward a program that is degree oriented at an institution that participates all over the United States.
- You have to be making academic progress that’s satisfactory as your institution expects and defines.
- If you are a male between 18 -25, you have to be registered with selective service.
- You must not have been convicted of selling drugs which are illegal while you get your student aid from the government.
- You have to sign a statement certifying that you’ll only use the aid for expenses related to your education, that there’s no refund owed on a grant from the government and that you’re not in default on any student loans from the government.
These are some of the qualifications for a pell grant that you should remember and some other information that you might find useful when you are looking for federal funding for your schooling. Remember that even if you don’t qualify for a Pell grant there are other things that you can look toward.